Thursday, October 13, 2011

THE THREE MUSKETEERS CAST INTERVIEW - FILM CLUB




Last week, two of our Young Ambassadors, Rebecca and Laura, spoke to the stars and director of The Three Musketeers, and then reviewed the film. Here you can watch their interviews with the likes of Orlando Bloom, Milla Jovovich and Matthew Macfadyen, read about their exciting day and discover what they thought of the film...

The interviews



Laura's report:


On the 4th October my sister (Rebecca) and I caught the train to London for the press junket and world premiere of The Three Musketeers! As it was my first FILMCLUB assignment I was unsure of what to expect... Rebecca and I both wore feathery medieval hats and were told to get ready to interview Logan Lerman, Freddie Fox and Gabriella Wilde - all of a sudden I was terrified, here I was a 12 year old girl from Essex in a room with world famous actors and an actress, it all seemed unreal! I could hardly talk to them because I was so nervous but they were so nice they made me feel better...

Next we interviewed the Three Musketeers, and then our next interview was with Orlando Bloom himself! I was feeling very excited and hardly anxious at all - when we were told to go in Orlando gave a huge smile, introduced himself and shook our hands, we felt at ease now and started the interview which, by the way he was talking to us, felt like three people just normally, casually talking! When this interview was over I felt on top of the world, I wanted to scream that I’d not just met but interviewed Orlando Bloom! It was hard to get over this excitement!

Next we interviewed Milla Jovovich which went fine - I felt like she was a friend rather than a famous actress as she talked about her personal life as well as her professional life, and she advised us to read The Three Musketeers book.

When we got to the premiere the whole area around the red carpet was decorated to look like scenes from The Three Musketeers. I felt like a global film star, not a 12 year old girl! Soon after we were behind the barrier in FILMCLUB’s labelled area waiting for the stars to come along. Now Rebecca and I were doing interviews separately (I went first then Rebecca went and so on) which made this all the more daunting!

When Paul came up to us he immediately said to Rebecca and myself "Ahh my two favourite girls!" That was incredible! Luckily we did get to interview everyone from the film apart from Luke Evans (Aramis) although quite a lot of the talent were pushed together as they were short of time. Once it was all over I was exhausted but had just had the most incredible day I’ve ever and will ever have!

Laura's review:


I found this original film incredibly inspiring and will affect your everyday lives due to the courage, friendship and heroicness in this film. This spectacular classic was incredible! It kept you entertained from the moment it started to the second it ended, I loved it! In this film the Musketeers are as brave as a lion but as cunning as a fox! This film keeps you in the edge of your seat the whole way through. If you like classic medieval adventure/action with a bit of romance and crazy, astounding stunts the Three Musketeers is definitely for you! This film was amazing with brilliant scenery, incredible explosions and four heroic heroes. It’s very hard to fault this film, I loved it! For me it was about romance, friendship and heroicness. I would be sure to give it a 5/5 rating! All for one and one for all!

Rebecca's report:


This was my third time acting as a Young Ambassador for FILMCLUB at a press junket, but it was my first premiere and my sister’s first assignment as a Young Ambassador so naturally we were both really nervous! But mostly we were so excited to be interviewing the stars of the film - Gabriella Wilde, Milla Jovovich, Freddie Fox, Ray Stevenson, Luke Evans, Mathew Mcfadyen, Logan Lerman and Orlando Bloom and of course the director Paul WS Anderson!

Our first interview was with Logan Lerman, Gabriella Wilde and Freddie Fox, who play D’Artagnan, Constance and King Louis in The Three Musketeers - they answered these questions individually but also related to each other’s answers which was really great as it showed us they had a great relationship off-screen as well as on-screen!

Our next interview was with The Three Musketeers themselves - Ray Stevenson, Luke Evans and Mathew Mcfadyen. They were really funny to talk to and you could tell they were great friends anyway – one of our questions was did you spend much time together off-screen to get your on-screen relationship right, to which they answered that as soon as they met they clicked and knew they’d get on brilliantly together as The Three Musketeers.

After that we interviewed Orlando Bloom – by this point my nerves had died down a bit but they shot straight back up as we walked into the room to interview him. As soon as he saw us he gave a massive smile and shook our hands, then all through the interview he was really chatty and also asked me and Laura questions as well – it was just like we were having an ordinary conversation!

A bit later on Laura and I found ourselves on the red carpet at the world premiere of The Three Musketeers at Westfield filming our intro and outro before the premiere officially began! Laura and I did our interviews separately this time, which was a lot more daunting! Firstly I interviewed the writer of The Three Musketeers, and then Laura and I took it in turns for whoever came up next! We were lucky enough that everyone we’d interviewed that morning remembered us and were more than willing to answer a question or two, even when they were being told they really had to move on!

Rebecca's review:


So many characters from this film present a twist on the stereotypical characteristics of their role, for example the young but desperately troubled King Louis (Freddie Fox) whose acting I really enjoyed – his loveable character has to be one of my favourites! Athos, Porthos and Aramis also display characteristics not usually associated with legendary heroes...they’re lazy, disrespectful and arrogant – which is precisely what makes them so entertaining to watch! That, along with the musketeers’ hilarious sidekick/slave Planchet – played so brilliantly by James Corden who never fails to spread a smile across my face – makes this film a definite must-see! Especially if you enjoy medieval sword fights, witty humour and a tale of true love breaking all boundaries...and of course, if you enjoy watching three musketeers sailing the seven seas and trekking the length and breadth of far-away countries to bring pride once again to their great home of France.

I would especially recommend this as a fantastic family film with something for everyone to enjoy; humour, friendship and love and some very daring sword-fights!

SOURCE: FILMCLUB.ORG

1 comment:

Patricia said...

This is just priceless!! Those girls are so cute and the big stars are so nice to them. That's why we like them so much!