Monday, February 6, 2012

Liam Neeson's 'wolf stew' claims land The Grey in hot water with Peta (Guardian)

 

The animal rights group instructs supporters to boycott the film after the star told reporters the cast ate wolf meat to get into character

Liam Neeson in The Grey
 
Liam Neeson in The Grey. Photograph: Sportsphoto Ltd./Allstar/Open Road Films
 
 
Liam Neeson has come under fire from animal rights group Peta after claiming he ate wolf meat to prepare for his role in the action thriller The Grey. The organisation is calling for a boycott of the film based on Neeson's comments during a press conference and separate claims that director Joe Carnahan ordered wolf carcasses to be used during the making of the movie. The Grey sees the Ballymena-born actor as the leader of a group of oil workers being hunted down by a pack of wolves after surviving a plane crash in Alaska.


Read More:  http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/feb/06/liam-neeson-wolf-stew-grey?newsfeed=true


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I heard about this! I am a huge Liam Neeson fan, but when the trailer for The Grey first started coming out, I wasn't to keen on how they were portraying the wolves. Yes, I know wolves are predators and they will stalk their prey, but something sounded a bit unrealistic about this movie.

Then I read an article online about some of the actors on the set wondering what "wolf meat" tasted like. They apparently ate wolf meat to "get into character." WTF??

Liam is a great actor, but I think I am going to pass seeing The Grey. I am looking forward to Taken 2!

Anyway, I joined your blog :) Feel free to check out mine! I reviews movies, books, etc.!

Happy Tuesday!

Mia at The Muses Circle

Karen V. Wasylowski said...

I agree with you Mia. I always was a Liam Neeson fan but I'll pass on this. I like animals more than most people I know. And I really like your blog. Thanks for joining.

M.G. said...

Yummy!