Saturday, September 14, 2013

Rob James-Collier 'Devastated' At Siobhan Finneran's Departure From Downton Abbey



E.
BY HAYLEY MINN ON SEPTEMBER 13, 2013

Talking to Radio Times, the actor, who plays Thomas Barrow, described Siobhan, who played Thomas' partner-in-crime O'Brien, as “the best actor” he's ever worked with. He said: "I was devastated. She’s the best actor I’ve ever worked with.



I’ve not worked with many so it’s not much of a badge of honor! But she was brilliant. "She was also really funny and we were really good friends. Really strong character, a very funny woman, brilliant actor." Rob also confessed that he will miss having Siobhan on set, due to the fact that he would copy acting techniques off of her: "I copied everything off her - the stillness, the economy of movement, throwing everything away because it makes you more sinister. I was going to go over the top and try and be Marlon Brando.

"I think she left behind a superb character. I think she was a lot of people’s favourite and quite rightly because she was just so enigmatic and dark... I love her and I want her to come back!"




Read more at http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/126398/Rob-James-Collier-Devastated-At-Siobhan-Finnerans-Departure-From-Downton-Abbey#0Q2B7P4rP91TwZkO.99

No comments: