Thursday, April 17, 2014

Philip Glenister and Rupert Penry-Jones compete for detective drama

THE TELEGRAPH
By Tim Walker7:30AM BST 17 Apr 2014



Rupert Penry-Jones and Philip Glenister searched for treasure together in Sky One’s adaptation of Robert Louis Stevenson’s Treasure Island. Now, the pair are fighting over it as the battle for the starring role in the television adaptation of Paul Mendelson’s new crime thriller The First Rule of Survival gets serious.

“Philip is in deep negotiations through a production company to do it,” Mendelson tells Mandrake at the launch of the novel at Daunt Books in Marylebone. “There is another actor called Rupert Penry-Jones. He is in deep negotiation, too, through another production company that wants to do it.”



Set in Cape Town, the book follows Colonel Vaughn de Vries as he revisits a case involving the abduction of three white schoolboys. As for who will win the role, I hear that Glenister, who, incidentally, attended the launch, is the frontrunner. “Ultimately, I guess the publisher decides and I guess I’m part of that decision,” says Mendelson. “Phil is one of my oldest friends. I’ve known him for 30 years and he was in the back of my mind when I wrote it.”


READ MORE HERE: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/10770877/Philip-Glenister-and-Rupert-Penry-Jones-compete-for-detective-drama.html

No comments: