Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Poldark star Aidan Turner says he was worried about ‘letting people down’

EXPRESS CO.
By NEELA DEBNATH
PUBLISHED: 23:05, Tue, May 3, 2016 | UPDATED: 23:12, Tue, May 3, 2016




The 32-year-old Irish actor recalled in a recent interview his first day on the set of the lavish BBC period drama, saying that he hoped he didn’t let audiences down.

“I remember the first day so well. I was horse riding in the very first scene and thinking, ‘Jesus, if I blow this, it could all be over - I could be off!” he said.

He went on to say: “It’s quite flattering really, thinking, ‘They [the producers] believe in me and trust I can do it!’

“But there’s a little bit in the back of your head worrying, ‘I hope I don’t let people down…’ But in this game you have to get over that very quickly.

“Self-doubt can sometimes be a good thing, but you need to keep it in check – it’s all a confidence game, really. You can’t let it beat you,” he told the Radio Times.

He also spilled the beans on that scything scene, revealing that the experts were not too impressed with his technique.

Despite being voted the best television moment of 2015, it seems that the Being Human star just couldn’t get the scything quite right.



READ MORE HERE: http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/666813/Poldark-Aidan-Turner-Eleanor-Tomlinson-Heida-Reed-BBC

No comments: