Friday, September 30, 2011

Helena Bonham Carter - Bonham Carter Wore Actor's Hair For Movie Role





Helena Bonham Carter





Bonham Carter Wore Actor's Hair For Movie Role


Helena Bonham Carter wore extensions cut from a long-haired extra on the set of her Oscar-winning 1985 movie A Room With A View.



The British actress was just 19 years old when she starred in the film, based on E. M. Forster's novel of the same name, alongside Dame Maggie Smith, and it has now been revealed the long locks she sported for the movie came from an uncredited actor on set.

The extra, Nick Knowles, who went on to become a TV presenter in his native Britain, tells the U.K.'s Daily Express, "The first thing I ever did on screen was as an extra on A Room With A View and I had several scenes with Dame Maggie Smith and Denholm Elliott. And Helena Bonham Carter ended up wearing my hair.

"I was in a rock band at the time and had to have my really long hair cut for the film. A guy came up and said, 'I'll give you £50 for your hair as I need to put hair extensions on Helena'. So my hair helped win the Oscars!"

The film won three Academy Awards, for Best Art Direction, Best Costume Design and Best Adapted Screenplay.

No comments: