Thursday, September 15, 2011

Maggie Smith Just as Desperate as We Are To See What Comes Next - Downton Abbey

Downton Abbey cast desperate for scripts

Wed 14 Sep 2011 15:06


Downton Abbey cast desperate for scripts
As Downton Abbey fans prepare for a day-long celebration, one of the stars revealed that the cast love the show as much as the viewers. STV audiences get a double dose of the drama on Sunday with the end of series one and the start of series two.

Maggie Smith, who plays Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham, said: “You become absolutely obsessed and riveted by it. We don’t get all the scripts together in one batch because Julian (Fellowes) is still writing them clearly. But I will be reading the script, then be desperate for the next one, desperate to know what’s going to happen next!”

Maggie has been surprised and delighted by the show’s success.

She said: “It was wonderful to come back and hear that Downton Abbey had been this huge success. I think it took everybody by surprise. Yes, I may have been in lots of successes, but I actually do very little television, so I’ve never been in anything that’s been this big before.”

Many of the younger members of the huge cast have been in awe of the 76-year-old dame, but she’s very impressed by her colleagues too.

She said: “I think they (the rest of the cast) are sensational, and those three girls just take my breath away all the time. It’s a very pressured job on Downton Abbey. They do work hard, they really do."

Former Emmerdale star Amy Nuttall said: “This has been the best job I have worked on. I still have to pinch myself. I am just completely in awe of the people I work with. My very first scene was with Maggie Smith, it doesn’t get better than that.”

The last episode of the first series of Downton Abbey reaches it’s dramatic conclusion at 3.05pm on Sunday with the outbreak of war.

There is Countrywise: The Real Downton Abbey at 6pm which takes a look at the proper star of the show, the house.

Then, finally, at 9pm the next series begins. It’s two years on and already The Great War is changing things forever.

DOWNTON FOR DRAMA

No comments: