Thursday, October 13, 2011

SIMON Cowell hasn't been to the cinema for almost five years... and it's all Hugh Grant's fault.

Simon Cowell can’t go to the cinema after Hugh Grant embarrassment

Published: Today at 01:29

 

The X Factor judge has a fear of nights out at the movies because he gets harassed by punters – and now only watches DVDs at home.

The last straw came while watching Hugh play a washed-up Eighties singer in the 2007 romantic comedy Music And Lyrics.

He said: "The last time I went to the cinema publicly was for a movie where Hugh Grant was a failing singer songwriter.

"Some people recognised me and every time his character sang a song in the movie, everyone turned around to look at me.

"I've never been so embarrassed in all my life.

A bridge too far ... Music And Lyrics
A bridge too far ... Music And Lyrics

"It was terrible, they looked at me as if I was going to say 'That was crap.' I was so embarrassed I had to get out of there.

"That was the last time I went to the movies. Now I just buy DVDs."

Don't feel too sorry for Si. His TV at home is probably the same size as a cinema screen.

No comments: