Monday, November 14, 2011

Hollywood notes: Working on new 'Hobbit' film - Luke Evans

Sunday, Nov. 13, 2011 | 04:18 PM
It was so much fun talking with Luke Evans, who plays Zeus in "The Immortals."
We started talking about his playing Bard the Bowman in "The Hobbit: There and Back Again," which is filming in New Zealand. The Welsh actor didn't try to hide his excitement about being part of the much-anticipated project.

"I had a little bit of a heart flutter the first day I got there because they have this thing where they show the new actors around all the sets and I saw Bilbo's house, and I was like, '[Expletive deleted], I actually walked into Bilbo's house!' " Evans says. "It was the most amazing thing. I'll never forget these moments, so I can't wait to go back, to be honest."

He was heading back this month to work through the middle of 2012 on the movie.

He's not worried "The Hobbit" will change his life.




"It's keeping life real, that's what's important, and not losing yourself in the fact that you're in 'The Hobbit'," Evans says.

"There is an anonymity and I think there is a way to play it, and I think you just have to hold onto that for as long as possible. It is a funny thing to think that maybe one day you won't be able to walk down the street without someone coming up to you and asking for an autograph. That is a strange thing to think of, but it's part of the job, isn't it? It's a high-class problem to have."

So far, he's stayed out of the spotlight. He recently got on a bus that had a huge picture plastered across the side of him in "The Three Musketeers." Nobody made the connection. He did take a picture of himself with the sign.

"I'm such a geek," he says.


Fresnobee

No comments: