Sunday, May 13, 2012

Brendan Coyle:Brendan Coyle on Starlings, Manchester United and Rachel Khoo Downton Abbey's Mr. Bates talks about his new show on Sky1, life as an actor - and his favourite television (RADIO TIMES)


Claire Webb
9:00 AM, 13 May 2012





What’s your guilty pleasure?

I’m trying to leave guilt behind because, as a Catholic, I’ve got a degree in it. But I watch too many cookery programmes; I have them on like I would have music on in the background.

Who’s your chef of choice?

The Little Paris Kitchen’s Rachel Khoo. I was in love after simply seeing the trailers.

What makes you blush?

It takes a lot to make me blush… Singing. My character in Starlings is quite enthusiastic with his singing. He sings loudly and without finesse and that came quite naturally to me.

What has you reaching for the hankies?

Everything makes me cry. I’m a real sap. My problem is stopping: it’s a cookery programme, so why am I crying? I don’t deny it or resist it any more.

What was your childhood favourite programme?

Match of the Day. My great-uncle was Matt Busby so Manchester United is a family obsession. I saw the team recently: I think I might have dribbled.

Did you dream of following in great-uncle Matt’s footsteps?

I did, but luckily I was told by the age of 13 that I wasn’t good enough, and that’s not a bad thing. You see this X Factor generation of kids now who don’t accept that they’re not good enough.


READ MORE:  http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-05-13/brendan-coyle-on-starlings,-manchester-united-and-rachel-khoo


No comments: