Thursday, May 31, 2012

Kate Winslet: "I Am Sincerely Grateful for My Buttocks" The actress talks about maintaining a healthy body image and says that "normality is not what we're exposed to" TERRI SCHWARTZ ON MAY 30, 2012 AT 1:32PM (I VILLAGE)



Kate Winslet has always been an avid supporter of maintaining a healthy body image -- even though she's gorgeous she's never succumbed to the media-created mandated to be a size 2 -- but now she's reached a point where she's upset that the debate about what a "normal" body is still exists.

"Better say that I'm bored of what it means that we are still here talking about it: It means that nothing has changed," the 36-year-old mother of two tells Vanity Fair Italia, when asked if she's tired of talking about the skewed perception of women's bodies instilled by the media.

"Otherwise, no, I believe it is important to go on insisting that normality is not what we are exposed to. Honestly, among my acquaintances there is no woman wearing XS. No, sorry, there is one: my daughter. The point is that Mia is 11 years old." Here, here!


Read More http://www.ivillage.com/kate-winslet-talks-buttocks-body-image/1-a-460370


No comments: