Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Carey Mulligan to appear in Downton Abbey?

By Charlotte Duck
  • Wednesday, 30 November 2011
Carey Mulligan to appear in Downton Abbey? - Celebrity News
PA Photos
Carey Mulligan has said that she would like to appear in ITV hit show Downton Abbey. The actress got her big break after meeting Downton's creator Julian Fellowes when he spoke at her school, and when asked by GLAMOUR.COM if she'd ever appear in the costume drama, said: "I have not seen a single episode but it's on my Christmas wish list… I love Julian and I would do anything he ever asked me to do ever. And my friend Dan Stevens is in Downton Abbey being brilliant I'm told."

The actress, who is up for a British Independent Film Awards for her role in Shame, also said that she finds the whole red carpet experience daunting. "I don't enjoy being photographed. I really hate it but I've gone through an evolution where initially it would make me cry and I would get to the end of the red carpet and would just be crying and my publicist would yank me off and take me inside to the bar." The Oscar nominee has got over her nerves and tries to emulate another great actress: "I think what would Kate do? Which is what would Kate Blanchett do. If I'm ever paralysed by fear I think she's so poised she must be able to handle this. What does she do? And I'll just copy her."


Vanity Fair

No comments: