Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Colin Firth, Michael Fassbender: Gurinder Chadha's next is on partition Subhash K Jha, TNN | Jun 20, 2012, 10.28AM IST (THE TIMES OF INDIA)




Gurinder Chadha, who gave birth to twins in 2007, is now lighter by 25 kg. The 'Bend It Like Beckham' director is planning her next film, based on partition, which will be shot in Delhi and Jodhpur in October. The film revolves around Lord Mountbatten, and Colin Firth or Michael Fassbender are being considered for the role. Gurinder is keen on Saif Ali Khan to play Jawaharlal Nehru, and has spoken to Naseeruddin Shah, who is game to play Jinnah.

Gurinder says, "The central character is Mountbatten. The film is set in January 1947, and ends in August 1947. I've spoken to some people including Naseer and Saif. Nehru's role is a cameo, so I wonder if Saif will be willing to do it."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/punjabi/news-interviews/Gurinder-Chadhas-next-is-on-partition/articleshow/14291505.cms

2 comments:

elizabeth slater said...

I now any film with Colin firth in I'll defantly watch his films make me cry,laugh,and some times cringe I think I may have a little crush now I hope he gets a role in the film should be intresting.

Dulciuri la Desert said...

I feel that Colin will be as always - the best!!!