Thursday, June 21, 2012

Rupert Penry Jones: "I don't have a problem with sex scenes" Claire Webb 12:30 PM, 20 June 2012 (RADIO TIMES)




What can't you miss?
Game of Thrones, for my sins. I was up for a part in it and that's why I started watching - to see how it went - and got hooked. I love how epic and gothic it is, and the whole idea of this medieval fantasy world. I'm a bit of a big kid. Before that my guilty pleasure was Homeland.

What would you resurrect?
I loved The Six Million Dollar Man and The Fall Guy. But I would bring back The Saint - he was a sort of 60s Robin Hood, played by Roger Moore.

Would you cast yourself?
I would love to, although I think it's time to put the spies and procedural shows behind me. That's why it was great to do the suspense thriller The Last Weekend (due to be broadcast in autumn). I play a high-flying lawyer, but it's not about his job, it's about relationships and jealousy…

Have you enjoyed sporting a wig in Silk?
I try and wear it as little as possible! The wig I had made for me got lost so I've a secondhand one and it's itchy. No, the thing I enjoy most is Peter Moffat's writing and working with the others - they're superb.

What's the most difficult thing you've had to do as an actor?
I don't have a problem with sex scenes, but I've had to kiss men now and again in my career and that was quite a tough call.

Is it also tough watching your wife, Irish actress Dervla Kirwan, kiss another actor?
It's not comfortable, put it that way…

Who controls the remote?
I do. Our two children are only allowed to watch TV at the weekend and we try to make them watch the channels that don't have ads otherwise they start asking us to buy lots of things.

What makes you turn off?
I'm sick of reality shows. It's cheap TV taking up time when good drama could be on and should be on.


READ MORE:  http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-06-20/rupert-penry-jones-i-don't-have-a-problem-with-sex-scenes

4 comments:

Gayle Mills said...

I don't have a problem with his sex scenes either.

Karen V. Wasylowski said...

I think they are disgusting. Often I have to watch them seven, eight times to make certain though.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I would love to see Rupert cast as Christian in the Fifty Shades of Grey movie. When I read the trilopgy I always had Rupert in my mind as the perfect Christian Grey - gorgeous, honest, damaged.
Anon

Karen V. Wasylowski said...

I haven't read the book yet - didn't even know it was a trilogy - good grief. Everyone is suggesting someone for the part though - this will be interesting