Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Gerard Butler: 'Chasing Mavericks was a passion project for me' Published Monday, Aug 27 2012, 7:24pm EDT |(DIGITAL SPY)


Gerard Butler has said that his new film Chasing Mavericks was a "passion project".

The actor, who also produces the surfing film, revealed that he wanted to become more involved in Chasing Mavericks as he felt so moved by the "emotional and inspiring" story.

 By Jennifer Still 

"I love to be able to produce, especially if it's a project that you really believe in, and this was very much a passion project for me. When you're producing, you have a chance to get even more involved and have more of a say in the creative process at all levels actually, that's what got me about it," Butler explained to MTV News.

"But from the second I got the script and I read it, one, it's a very powerful and emotional and inspiring story, but two, it really dives into the psyche and the danger and the courage in the sport of surfing and that was something I'd never really seen before in a major feature film. I thought, I want to be part of telling that story. It would be an honor for me to step in there and really try and represent what goes on in the mind and heart of a big-wave surfer."

Butler also promised that fans would be getting more than a stereotypical surfing movie as Chasing Mavericks employed new technologies and techniques while shooting. 


No comments: