Monday, October 22, 2012

Matthew Macfadyen: Darcy´s letter, a secret homage to Colin Firth.(PEMBERLY STATE OF MIND)


(Deborah Moggach, Screenwriter)



“Colin Firth I think was a bit daunting. I never talked to Matthew Macfadyen about it. I mean was a hard act to follow, he set a million, billion female bosoms heaving!! I know people watch that video again and again and again. Ours is just a different Mr. Darcy and he´s absolutely extraordinary. A lot of the people involved in the film hadn´t seen the TV adaptation so I don´t think they were inhibited or daunted as much as I was, because I´d seen it.

I gave a homage to Colin Firth secretly. When I have to write a letter, the letter that Darcy´s painting is saying that `being unable to sleep, I got up early and went out to the lake and I was just about to tear off my shirt and dive into the water when the arrival of a gamekeeper puts an end to such foolishness´. I had Matthew writing that as a little homage.

I think the two things can co-exit, that was eight years ago. There´s a whole new generation and our Darcy is MY Darcy. So he´s wonderful.”

http://pemberley-state-of-mind.tumblr.com/


No comments: