Thursday, February 21, 2013

Record Producer Clive Davis Eyeing Anne Hathaway and Colin Firth for My Fair Lady Broadway Revival By Michael Gioia 20 Feb 2013 (PLAYBILL)


http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/colin%20firth

Grammy Award-winning record producer Clive Davis, who plans to produce a Broadway revival of Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Loewe's Tony-wining My Fair Lady, is eyeing Oscar nominee Anne Hathaway and Oscar winner Colin Firth for the show's leading roles, according to USA Today.

As previoulsy reported, Davis plans to bring the classic back to Broadway in 2014. He will produce the musical alongside Roger Berlind, Scott Landis and The Nederlander Organization.

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/colin%20firth

"I always wanted to produce a Broadway show, and I've never done it," Davis previously told the Los Angeles Times. "I'm hopeful we will prepare and finalize everything this year to bring My Fair Lady next year to Broadway with a stellar cast. I don't want to jinx myself, but we're in discussions with two magnificent performers and a wonderful director to do that."

According to Davis, Hathaway ("Les Misérables," "The Devil Wears Prada") and Firth ("The King's Speech"), who would play the respective roles of Eliza Doolittle and Professor Henry Higgins, were up for the same roles in a screen adaptation of "My Fair Lady," which fell through and made the rights available for a Broadway remounting.

READ MORE: http://www.playbill.com/news/article/175182-Record-Producer-Clive-Davis-Eyeing-Anne-Hathaway-and-Colin-Firth-for-My-Fair-Lady-Broadway-Revival

No comments: