Saturday, April 6, 2013

Carey Mulligan: 'Nude scenes have helped me deal with body issues' Published Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 11:18am EDT | By Sam Rigby |(DIGITAL SPY)


Carey Mulligan has revealed that nude scenes have helped her overcome her body issues.

The Great Gatsby actress said that she found getting naked for scenes with Michael Fassbender in Shame "liberating", reports The Sun.

"In my own life I'm very prudish about my body, or at least I have been in the past," she said.

"I'm always covering myself up rather than wearing skimpy outfits. I don't look good in very short skirts - at least I don't think so.

"I'm often terrified about different aspects of characters I'm playing."

Mulligan starred alongside Fassbender in the Steve McQueen directed film in 2011 and despite being nervous about the scenes, she insisted that it was important for the character that she do them.

"With respect to nudity, it was vital to the character in Shame, who wasn't supposed to be a very attractive character and needed to be emotionally naked and lost in different ways," she said.

"This is who she is - a character who can stand fully naked in front of her brother and not feel anything.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a471039/carey-mulligan-nude-scenes-have-helped-me-deal-with-body-issues.html#ixzz2Pij1ykbn 
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook



No comments: