Saturday, May 18, 2013

'Fast and Furious' star Luke Evans sings 'Kailangan Kita' ABS-CBN news.com


MANILA (UPDATE) – The newest star of the “Fast and Furious” franchise Luke Evans is thrilled to be back in Manila for the movie's red-carpet premiere set to take place at SM Mall of Asia on Wednesday night.

Evans revealed he visited the Philippines 10 years ago,  and that he has many Filipino friends whom he worked with in the musical "Miss Saigon" in London.

“I love Manila. I came to Manila 10 years ago because I was in a show. I used to sing for a living. I was Chris in ‘Miss Saigon’ and so a lot of the Asian characters were from the Philippines. I have a lot of good friends here and I haven’t seen them in 11 years,” he said.

Evans said he was reunited with some of his friends as soon as he arrived in the country Tuesday night.

“Last night, I met up with one of my very good friends. He took me out in Manila, we had fun and we just enjoyed the humidity, something we don’t get very much in the UK. We’ll leave tomorrow unfortunately but I’m coming back,” he said.

No comments: