The Huffington Post UK
By Sarah Dean
Posted: 29/07/2013 17:28 BST
Updated: 29/07/2013 17:28 BST
Ahead of the highly-anticapted return of Julian Fellowes' 'Downton Abbey' in the autumn, here is what we know about series four so far...
1. Lady Mary Crawley's baby George and Tom Branson's baby Sybil turn out to be very cute indeed. Both parents - played by Michelle Dockery and Allen Leech respectively - are forced to adjust to life without their partners, Matthew Crawley and Lady Sybil, who both died in series three.
2. Queen Elizabeth's second cousin twice removed, Flora Ogilvy, will reportedly join this year's Downton Abbey as the first genuine royal cast member.
3. Paul Giamatti will appear in the series four Christmas Special. The American actor will play Harold, a “maverick, playboy brother of Cora and uncle to Mary and Edith”.
4. The Golden Globe-Award winning drama is slated to return to ITV in September in the UK and will be shown from 5 January in the US.
5. It will be the "best series ever" - according to Brendan Coyle who plays John Bates.