Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Michael Fassbender: ‘I like that Magneto’s king of the nerds, because I’m a nerd too’



CELEBITCHY
August 27, 2013

I think I lost consciousness for a moment when I discovered this new Michael Fassbender interview. Aren’t you excited?! I’m excited. We haven’t had any new Fassbender interviews in months and months. Since Prometheus, right? And even then, Michael didn’t do a lot of press for that film. This year he’s got two big movies coming out. The Oscar-bait, awards-circuit Twelve Years a Slave, and the Ridley Scott thriller The Counselor. Fassy is scheduled to appear at the Toronto International Film Festival for 12 Years, and I suspect that The Counselor will have a more traditional marketing campaign, and maybe Fassy will even get a magazine cover of two for some November issue. Probably not American GQ… maybe Details or Interview. I wouldn’t hate it if he finally made the cover of Vanity Fair, but I think VF is all “if they have a pulse, we don’t want ‘em.”

Anyway, that was just a tangent. Because Fassy has already started doing press!! IT’S SO EXCITING. Although I love Benedict Cumberbatch, I’m ready to fly my Fass-loonie Freak Flag once again. Here’s the interview (it’s really cute).



Glamour: You get into drugs in The Counselor and play a slave owner in 12 Years a Slave. Why do you always pick such intense roles?
Michael Fassbender: I like when characters have layers. I’d actually love to do a comedy— characters in romantic comedies can have layers too. But I always try to pick roles that scare me.

Glamour: Is that why you were drawn to playing Magneto in X-Men?
MF: I like that Magneto’s sort of king of the nerds, because I’m a nerd too.

Glamour: You star alongside one of our future-of-Hollywood favorites, Quvenzhané Wallis, in 12 Years a Slave.
MF: Oh my God, I love that girl! I almost gave up acting after I saw Beasts of the Southern Wild, she’s so amazing.


READ MORE HERE:http://www.celebitchy.com/318533/michael_fassbender_i_like_that_magnetos_king_of_the_nerds_because_im_a_nerd_too/

No comments: