Friday, November 1, 2013

Rob James-Collier says it's "easier" kissing a man on Downton Abbey because his wife doesn't get jealous


Rob James-Collier confesses all on The Jonathan Ross Show

MIRROR
By Danny Walker
November 1, 2013

Downton Abbey star Rob James-Collier has said it is "easier" playing a gay character in the hit ITV drama, because his wife does not get jealous about his on-screen romances.

The actor, whose character Thomas Barrow works as a servant downstairs, is on The Jonathan Ross Show tomorrow with his co-star, Joanne Froggatt.

He told Ross: "I found it easier. The way I was thinking was that if you kiss a girl you worry about: 1) How big her boyfriend is; 2) Is he in the building watching and is he going to kick the shit out of you?; and 3) What is my missus going to think of it?

"So we went to the BFI for a big unveiling on the cinema screen, and the missus knew (the kiss) was coming, and we were all sitting watching it and I thought 'Nice one, she can't accuse me of anything', and the missus turned to me and said 'You've never kissed me like that'."



Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/downton-abbey-rob-james-collier-says-2662337#ixzz2jP8QHSnL
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

No comments: