Monday, October 31, 2011

Ron Weasley kill plot revealed by JK Rowling in a special feature for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 DVD

Harry Potter Premier
L-R Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, J K Rowling and Rupert Grint. (Photo by Dave Hogan/Getty Images) Source: The Daily Telegraph

JK ROWLING has revealed that she considered killing off Ron Weasley in the Harry Potter series.
The author admitted that although she originally had no plans for any of the three main characters to die, she almost changed her mind because she "wasn't in a very happy place".

Rowling made the confession while speaking to Daniel Radcliffe for a special feature on the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 DVD

"Funnily enough I planned from the start that none of them would die," Rowling said. "Then midway through, which I think is a reflection of the fact that I wasn't in a very happy place, I started thinking I might polish one of them off. Out of sheer spite. 'There, now you definitely can't have him any more'.

"But I think in my absolute heart of heart of hearts, although I did seriously consider killing Ron, [I wouldn't have]."

No comments: