Wednesday, November 16, 2011

BILL NIGHY SAYS TOTAL RECALL REMAKE IS IN BRILLIANT HANDS



Hollywood icon Bill Nighy known for films including Love Actually, Underworld, Shaun of the Dead, Wild Target and the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise has spoken out about two of his upcoming films.

Speaking to Collider, the British great said "In Jack the Giant Killer, I am the giant, I'm 22 feet tall and I eat people. It was very good fun. There are a bunch of very, very good English actors in it. Ewan McGregor is in it, Nicholas Hoult is playing Jack, and Stanley Tucci plays the troublesome Roderick. He's a brilliant man. It was a very nice experience, although it was quite difficult to keep a straight face.

Obviously, it's motion capture, so you wore a black vinyl jumpsuit with a zip up the front and trainers, which I'm never quite relaxed in, and a helmet with cameras attached that come down to your chin and basically shoot up your nose. It's not a good look. But, after the first couple of days, they run out of jokes," Nighy said. "You just have to not look at the other giants because otherwise you'd laugh. But, it was a very cool experience."

He's also playing Kuato in Len Wiseman's remake of Total Recall, and he reassures fans "The original is treasured by people, I know, but I think I can help them relax, I think it's in very, very good hands.

I've worked with Len Wiseman before, on the Underworld series, in which I was a vampire. The first two of those were his first two films. And I admire him beyond measure. I think he's tremendous, as a man and as a director.

It's a cliché, but he can really tell a story. With Die Hard 4.0, he did a brilliant job. If Total Recall is going to be remade, I think it's in very good, beyond safe, really brilliant hands."

Both Jack the Giant Killer and Total Recall are due for release in 2012, Jack the Giant Killer is out on 15 June and Total Recall comes out on August 22.

Nighy can currently be heard as Grandsanta in Sarah Smith's Arthur Christmas which is out now in cinemas and features James McAvoy, Matt Lucas, Ashley Jensen, Imelda Staunton, Jim Broadbent and House himself Hugh Laurie

The fan carpet

No comments: