Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Luke Evans - Interview First Showing

Video Interview: Actor Luke Evans on Tarsem's 'Immortals' & 'Hobbit'
November 9, 2011
by Alex Billington



Luke Evans Interview - Immortals from FirstShowing.net on Vimeo.



"Prove me right!" is one of the many fierce and iconic lines Zeus has in Tarsem's Immortals. A few weeks ago I sat down with actor Luke Evans, who plays Zeus, for an interview discussing playing a Greek god in a Tarsem epic. Evans is Welsh actor on the rise appearing in a number of high profile movies all within a few years: Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll, the other Clash of the Titans, Tamara Drewe, Blitz and W.S. Anderson's Three Musketeers. He's also playing Bard the Bowman in Peter Jackson's The Hobbit, which I couldn't help ask about near the end, as he's already shooting that. It's a brisk but engaging interview, please enjoy.

I've been impressed by all of Luke's performances and this was my first time meeting him. Evans has quickly risen to be someone to watch out for as a commanding force who can still show empathy, and always does a great job no matter who he's playing. I wanted to briefly cover his background and how he got to this point, as well as his work on Immortals, and what it is like filming with Tarsem Singh as the director, since he seems very unique to work with. I'm glad I got to talk with him and I hope I covered some interesting topics. Immortals (watch a trailer), also starring Henry Cavill as Theseus, was directed by Tarsem (my interview forthcoming), and is arriving in theaters starting November 11th in glorious 3D. Go see it this weekend!

No comments: