Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Benedict Cumberbatch:My mother told me I didn’t have the right nose for Sherlock Holmes OCTOBER 8TH, 2012 @ 11:50 AM (FAN SHARE)



Benedict Cumberbatch was at the 2012 Literary Festival, following JK Rowling, and he was interviewed by Sherlock co-star Louise Brealey.

When asked what the third season of Sherlock would be about, Cumberbatch played coy, saying, “No comment – as I am now used to saying. Nothing. In the past year, what has been extraordinary is that I have met some of the most extraordinary people…and they all ask one question. And I have to say no comment. I can’t tell you. Secrets are a good thing to keep.”

He also talks about how his mother originally didn’t think he was right for the role, saying, “My mum went, ‘You just don’t have the right nose.’ Thank God he [Moffat] picked the right nose!” - and that he hadn’t been sure about the project until he read the script: “I heard about it…and was rather dubious about how cute it could be and an excuse to make money. And then I read the script and was blown away by it. It was so funny and so fast paced and at the heart of it was this friendship.”

READ MORE: http://www.fansshare.com/news/benedict-cumberbatch-my-mother-told-me-didn-t-have-right-nose-for-sherlock-holmes/#.UHTMPhXA-RY

No comments: