Sunday, March 11, 2012

Henry Cavill: 'Man of Steel' Countdown: Henry Cavill is a Heckuva Nice Guy (MOVIES.COM)

 By Jeffrey Taylor Feb 28, 2012




Jeffrey Taylor is a staff writer/moderator at The Superman Homepage, co-host of From Crisis to Crisis: A Superman Podcast, available at the Superman Homepage, iTunes and The Superman Podcast Network.You can find his new Man of Steel Countdown column at Movies.com every other Tuesday. 


A good actor can play any kind of character, but I’ve always maintained that any actor playing Superman should be a kind and humble person to begin with. Brandon Routh (Superman Returns) has maintained a reputation as a warm and open person whenever he meets a new fan.

I have heard similar stories about John Haymes Newton and Gerard Christopher (Superboy and Adventures of Superboy TV series). I grew up in Williamstown, MA where Christopher Reeve had a summer home. He had performed at the Williamstown Theater Festival several times and fell in love with the area.

When I was seven-years-old, his son Matt was on my baseball team and his father would come to many of his games. I was a bit nervous to meet him, but I eventually worked up the courage, got an autograph and even performed what would become the first of many Superman-related interviews. I was just some kid bothering him, but he took the time to answer my questions and was a heckuva nice guy.

I was fortunate to meet Henry Cavill last summer during an official set visit for Man of Steel in Plano, IL. Unfortunately I’m not yet allowed to discuss our conversation, but I don’t think I’ll get in too much trouble by saying that despite Henry’s insane and stressful schedule and workload, he was still a heckuva nice guy. I even saw him giving each crew member he was working with a smile and a "thank you" whenever he received some help. None of that is required by an actor in his position, but like I said, he’s a heckuva nice guy.


Read the entire article:  http://adf.ly/830863/banner/http://www.movies.com/movie-news/39man-steel39-countdown-henry-cavill-heckuva-nice-guy/6804?wssac=164&wssaffid=news&utm_source=FlickDaily.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=FlickDaily.com


No comments: