Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Benedict Cumberbatch makes 'Sherlock' fan very, very happy (ZAP 2 IT) By Drusilla Moorhouse July 23, 2012 6:49 PM ET Follow @drumoorhouse on Twitter |



"Sherlock" star Benedict Cumberbatch is an extraordinary man, that is an incontrovertible fact. If you dare to doubt, read on for today's most aw-worthy story.

On her Tumblr account, a Cumberbatch fan named Emily (obviously a very bright girl) describes a heartwarming recent encounter with the British actor in New Orleans.

Emily, a Las Cruces, N.M., native visiting the Big Easy for a volunteering conference, approached Yumberbatch (as we like to call him) at a local ice cream shop. (He ordered "some sort of coffee flavour I believe but not 100% sure in a waffle cone," notes his observant fan.)

Here's Emily's gushing description of the chance meeting:

"He breaks out into this huge grin and kinda looks at the floor and says 'thank you!' and I'm clutching my phone and I say 'I'm sorry, but could I get a picture with you?' and he says "of course!'

"Because I'm freaking out I start blabbing and I said 'I'm sorry I'm not from here I'm just very excited to meet you.' and he laughs and says 'I'm not from here either!' (I died).

READ MORE:  http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2012/07/benedict-cumberbatch-makes-sherlock-fan-very-very-happy.html

No comments: