Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Four minutes with Helen Mirren




HELEN Mirren talks about her insecurities, going naked and working with Bruce Willis and Morgan Freeman in the film Red.

1. GAME DAME BATTLES INSECURITY

"It was honestly one of the hardest things I've ever done," says Dame Mirren of her new movie, The Door. "You can't see that, but it was."

Set in post-war, Communist Hungary, she plays a stern maid who reveals her past to her new employer. "I had to strip all my artform, all my technique away - the performance had to be naked. I was very insecure. Is this enough? Is it too much?"

2. THAT'S NOT ALL THAT WAS NAKED!

"I had absolutely no make-up on - which, incidentally, is brilliant," says Mirren, whose killer looks at 66 are well-chronicled. "I literally took five minutes to get ready in the morning. There's a liberation in that: take me as I am." She got back in the make-up chair for Hitchcock, playing wife to Anthony Hopkins as the famed director. "He's so wonderful, it was fantastic."

READ MORE: http://www.news.com.au/news/four-minutes-with-helen-mirren/story-fnejnl1p-1226428423079


No comments: