Friday, September 21, 2012

TOM HIDDLESTON: Joss Whedon - A Beer And Fish And Chips Made 'The Avengers' Sequel PossibleTraditional British food and drink gave Joss his inspiration (E.) BY MARK WORGAN ON SEPTEMBER 20, 2012



We think of Hollywood movies  as having their beginnings in swanky restaurants in the warm climate of Southern California, but 'The Avengers' director Joss Whedon has revealed that the inspiration for a sequel came to him while drinking in a London pub.

Starring Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansen, Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Tom Hiddleston  and Mark Ruffalo, the original movie took over $1.4bn worldwide, so it was never likely that there wouldn't be a sequel. However the director of the original movie has revealed that he had serious doubts - until he went for a pint and fish and chips.

According to The Press Association Whedon said: "There's a business aspect to it and I would be disingenuous not to say that, but the question for me is, do I have another story to tell about these people?

"So we worked on the business side of it and I didn't think it was going to happen - I was like 'I'm never going to do this again.' But once they worked on the business aspect of it I thought that seems fair and cool, so the question was, Do I have another thing to say




No comments: