Thursday, May 9, 2013

Benedict Cumberbatch: Caitlin Moran "Cumberbatch not a posh boy after all" (LONDON EVENING STANDARD)



Speaking at The Grand in Clapham Junction, the How To Be a Woman author explained that she had been trying to set up an interview with the Sherlock star and that he had “suggested that I come to the country and have Sunday lunch with his parents”.

“So I’m going down on the train, pretending this isn’t a big deal, and thinking about how ridiculous it was that there was all that fuss last summer about Benedict being posh — like that’s a problem.”

But, Moran admitted, she was a little intimidated to arrive at a vast, sprawling and apparently empty country mansion. “This house was so big that I couldn’t work out how to get in and I’m thinking f***ing hell, he really is posh.

 Finally, I go to the nearby peasants’ cottage to ask for help, and there’s Benedict, leaning on a fence, politely asking why I’ve just spent the last half an hour trying to break into Kate Moss’s house’.”

READ MORE: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londoners-diary/cumberbatch-not-a-posh-boy-after-all-8607705.html

No comments: