Monday, May 13, 2013

Benedict Cumberbatch’s mum wants him to get married and he says he has new found respect for Star Trek! May 13th, 2013 by Anna Howell. (UNREALITY TV)

star-trek-poster


In a recent interview for the Times newspaper, Caitlin Moran was invited to have Sunday lunch with the BBC detective star and his parents, actors Wanda Ventham and Timothy Carlton.

During the chat Cumberbatch’s mum let a few of her sons secrets slip, including that she is desperate for him to get married so she can become a grandmother.She asked the reporter:
“Can you just find him a bird? There must be someone in London who’s suitable. I want grandchildren. Please – find my son a bird,”

Her son interjected that he was a late developer: “Very late, 15, 16 – maybe even 17.”

However, he insists that, despite his quirkiness, he was never subjected to bullies during his very public school upbringing, explaining:

“Because my parents loved the f***ing life out of me. So I felt confident about the world. Not entitled.. Just like… I could step into the world. Investigate it.”

Meanwhile Cumberbatch went on to use the opportunity to publicly slam the nickname given to his fans, saying that the term Cumberbitches “sets feminism back so many notches.”

He went on to explain:

“It’s not even politeness. “I won’t allow you to be my bitches. I think it sets feminism back so many notches. You are… Cumberpeople.”

benedict_cumberbatch_startrek





2 comments:

Lady M said...

I think Benedict is going to be a little too busy to purposely have babies with someone.

Karen V. Wasylowski said...

Actually, he seems to come from such a solid, loving family that he'd be a great father once he finds the right person. He had two exceptional role models.