Sunday, June 16, 2013

Dan Stevens: I'm based in US for now (INDEPENDENT)


16 JUNE 2013

Dan Stevens has revealed he is basing himself in America for the moment because it "makes sense" for his career.

The Downton Abbey star moved with his wife and two small children to Brooklyn while he starred with Jessica Chastain in The Heiress on Broadway recently.

Since his Downton Abbey character Matthew Crawley was killed off, he has filmed Hollywood action movie A Walk Among The Tombstones with Liam Neeson and Julian Asange biopic The Fifth Estate.

Dan said of moving to America: "I don't know about for good but we're living there at the moment. And for work it makes sense for me to be there at the minute.


"But it's good to be back. I'm coming back in the summer to shoot Swallows And Amazons, we're doing a feature film adaptation of that, but in between I'm off back to the States to do an American independent film. So I hope I can keep hopping back and forth across the pond. I enjoy both."

The 30-year-old actor produced and starred in his latest film Summer In February, a period love story set amid the Lamorna Group of artists in Cornwall. It is based on a book written by his former teacher Jonathan Smith.

No comments: