Sunday, July 7, 2013

Martin Freeman: 'I get more fanmail for Sherlock than The Hobbit' Published Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 11:12am EDT | By Catherine Earp | DIGITAL SPY







http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/martin%20freeman%20gif

Martin Freeman has revealed that he receives more fanmail for Sherlock than The Hobbit.

The actor, who is currently shooting the final scenes for the last film in the Hobbit trilogy, said that he is better known for his BBC series with Benedict Cumberbatch than Peter Jackson's movie franchise.


He told The Independent: "I get more 12-year-olds coming up to me than I used to. But, I promise, I still have a lot of conversations with people that have no idea who I am. Which is great for me as I usually just want to eat a bowl of pasta in peace.

"I'd have been quite happy being known as 'Tim from The Office' and now Bilbo Baggins and John Watson have come along. 

'Sherlock' is one of the biggest things I will do, ever - we could never have predicted that level of insanity around the series. I think that gets me more fan mail than Bilbo. Not that I think I am the biggest deal in the universe."

He added: "If someone had a pint with me, they'd find out pretty quickly I'm not so nice, I'm not Tim from The Office, although a lot of people still think I am. I have absolutely no problem telling someone to f**k off."



Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook



No comments: