Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Charlie Hunnam Reflects on His 'Sons of Anarchy' Ride at Final Premiere

THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER
11:40 AM PST 09/08/2014 by Rebecca Ford



Charlie Hunnam, Katey Sagal and Kurt Sutter

"It was like going to an Ivy League school with Kurt Sutter being the mad professor"

It was the beginning of the end on Saturday night ,when the stars of FX's hit show Sons of Anarchy gathered for the final season premiere party in Hollywood.


The motorcycle drama will air its seventh and final season beginning on Sept. 9, but the stars of the show — including Charlie Hunnam, Katey Sagal, Theo Rossi and Kim Coates — haven't quite come to grips with the fact that the show is ending its long run.

"We're still in the middle of it," said Rossi of the show, which is currently shooting episode nine. "I think in December, when it's stops airing, that's when I'll realize it's over. But there have been little things that have happened that make me realize we're near the end."

Rossi, who has been on Sons of Anarchy since season one, says he grew up on the show. "My entire life has changed," he said at the premier at the TCL Chinese Theater. "I've become a different person, a better actor. I've learned to produce, being surrounded by people like [showrunner] Kurt [Sutter] and [executive producer] Paris Barclay. I've become a better human being, gotten involved with seven or eight charities."



Rossi wasn't the only actor reflecting on what the show has done for him as an actor. Hunnam, who stars as Jax, the leader of the motorcycle gang, says he had to get past some very tough struggles in the early seasons of the show.

"The first season for me was a total write-off in terms of acting because I was completely consumed with trying to do the accent, which I'd never done before," he told THR. "It really contained me and controlled me so that I wasn't free to make the moves I wanted to make as an actor. By midway through season two, I think I got that under control."


"I think I'm a much better actor than I was at the beginning of the show," he added. "It was like going to an Ivy League school with Kurt Sutter being the mad professor that pushes us all to do our best work. Now I feel like I'm graduating with the confidence of that education, and I'm excited to go make some films."

Hunnam, who starred in Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim, will next be seen in Crimson Peak and recently signed on to play King Arthur in Guy Ritchie's upcoming film.


READ MORE HERE: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/charlie-hunnam-reflects-his-sons-731105

No comments: