Friday, December 9, 2011

Colin Firth: 'Winning An Oscar Hasn't Changed My Life' (pictures from set of Gambit)

By Alex Winehouse On December 9, 2011
As you were for 'Tinker, Tailor' star...

Colin Firth: 'Winning An Oscar Hasn't Changed My Life'
Photo: WENN.com
Colin Firth has insisted that his life has remained the same, despite winning a Best Actor Oscar earlier this year.

The British star won the Academy Award for his starring role in 'The King's Speech', and is adamanent that is has had no impact on his life.

He told USA Today: "I get more phone messages. That's about it, really. Whatever else you may be asked to do, you can't do all of it.

"You choose the people around you for what you're looking for in certain ways. My wife doesn't take any crap. We go back quite a ways now."

Firth continued: "None of my friends take me particularly seriously. My life is founded fairly solidly in what I have outside this profession. You come back quite dizzy from awards season, and it's quite good to have something solid to come back to."

Firth has compared the upcoming third installment of 'Bridget Jones's Diary', which starts shooting in 2012, to a "family reunion."

Firth's first big role in the wake of 'The King's Speech', 'Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy', has just gone on release in the US.








Entertainment

No comments: