Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Colin Firth: Meryl Streep Best Actress Oscar 2012 Photo, Q&A Pt.1



Q. Meryl, you said earlier that you were wearing a brand of shoes favored by Margaret Thatcher.

A. Yes.

Q. Do you think wearing those shoes brought you some good luck? And also, Mrs. Thatcher liked a little whiskey at night. Are you going to have a couple tonight to celebrate?

A. I am going to start with a couple. And then we will see if I can walk on the Ferragamos. Yes. Mrs. Thatcher wore those shoes. Yes, thank you.

Q. In researching your role, did you have a chance to meet Margaret Thatcher?

A. No, I haven't. Really, she has retired from public life almost entirely now in the last two years. So, no, I didn't. But I studied her, and I studied, you know, there's so much archival footage. And then the challenge was to imagine her present life, and that was completely an active imagination on Abi Morgan, the writer's part, and my part, but there was a lot of freedom in that, but also responsibility to a real person and to history. So, it was — it was really very, very satisfying as an actor, as an artist, to make a film that starts out about Margaret Thatcher and ends up being really about all of us. So, that's all I'll say about that.


Read further:  http://www.altfg.com/blog/movie/colin-firth-kissing-meryl-streep/



No comments: