Thursday, April 18, 2013

Colin Firth: First picture of Nicole Kidman and Colin Firth filming 'Before I Go To Sleep' in London (LONDON EVENING STANDARD)


Louise Jury, Chief Arts Correspondent
18 April 2013

This is the first picture of Nicole Kidman and Colin Firth shooting a new film in London in which she plays a woman who wakes every day remembering nothing.

The movie, Before I Go To Sleep, is based on the bestselling first novel by former NHS clinical scientist SJ Watson.

The book was published two years ago and snapped up by Liza Marshall and Ridley Scott’s production company, Scott Free London.

Rowan Joffé, who directed Brighton Rock, has adapted the book and has been directing the shoot.

Watson told the Standard of his thrill at watching Kidman and Firth bring his book to life. “It was fascinating for me to see somebody totally inhabit this character. She totally embodies what I thought Christine should be,” he said.

“There was one moment where she thought a line gave the wrong tone for Christine and as soon as she said it, I felt she was totally right. It’s weird that Nicole Kidman now knows my character as well as I do.



No comments: