Monday, April 15, 2013

Tom Hiddleston: Brits always play baddies (xpose)



Tom Hiddleston and Benedict Cumberbatch have been "laughing" about British actors playing villains in blockbuster movies.

Tom Hiddleston finds it hilarious that British actors are renowned for playing "the bad guy".

The actor was named Best Villain at the MTV Movie Awards on Sunday. Tom won the accolade for his portrayal of Norse god Loki in last year's box office smash The Avengers.

He loved playing the character, and often discusses the trend for Brits playing baddies with his pal Benedict Cumberbatch.

"I was talking about it with my friend Benedict, who is the villain in the new Star Trek film and we were laughing about it," he told UK TV show Lorraine. "It's as if there is a long line of British actors who have appeared in big American films as the bad guy. I think it all started with James Mason."

Tom is playing Loki for a third time in Thor: The Dark World, which will hit cinemas later this year.

As he collected his golden popcorn award at the MTV Movie Awards, he praised the cast and crew for making the movie such a memorable experience.

"I loved this film. I had the best time making it, and you know, obviously I'm not from this country as you can hear, but you were very hospitable to me, and I would like to thank Joss Whedon [director] first of all," Tom said in his acceptance speech. "Thank you, Chris Evans. Thank you to Sam Jackson. And absent friends, Scarlett Johansson, Robert Downey Jr., Jeremy Renner, my brother from another mother, Chris Hemsworth, and a special thank you to Mark Ruffalo for smacking me like a ragdoll."

READ MORE: http://www.tv3.ie/entertainment_article.php?locID=1.803.874&article=100773

No comments: