Thursday, May 9, 2013

HENRY CAVILL: Henry Cavill in Glamour UK Magazine (from Henry Cavill Website)

Henry Cavill in Glamour UK Magazine


Henry Cavill is featured in the June issue of Glamour UK where he talks about landing the role of Superman, getting acting advice from Russell Crowe and addresses rumours once again about the Fifty Shades of Grey movie.

On getting the role of Superman Henry said, "For a guy, it's pretty much the most awesome moment you can imagine."

On rumours he will be in the Fifty Shades of Grey film: "Put it this way, I've not read a script, spoken to a producer or a director."

On nudity: "I'm not a big fan of getting naked for the sake of it. I wouldn't use a body double, because I'm particular about the physicality of acting, but I won't just get my arse out because people are insisting I do."
Read the complete article in the scans below for more.

Henry Cavill
“Laugh?” Henry Cavill is staring at me incredulously. “Of course I didn’t laugh. For a guy, it’s pretty much the most awesome moment you can possibly imagine.” Not many men would describe pulling on a blue unitard that way. Then again, not many men get to play Superman. The 30-year-old Channel Islander landed the coveted role in this summer’s predicted blockbuster, Man Of Steel, after a decade of near misses.

Having lost the role of Harry Potter’s Cedric Diggory to Robert Pattinson, Twilight’s Edward Cullen once again to Pattinson, and James Bond to Daniel Craig, Henry was beginning to be known as “the unluckiest man in Hollywood”.

On the day we meet, in a beachside fish bar on a sunny LA afternoon, Henry looks anything but unlucky. He doesn’t much look like a bridesmaid (another nickname the industry press lumbered him with) either, although with his chiseled jaw, cleft chin and mass of dark curls, he’s pretty enough to be one. No, today, Henry is definitely the bride — Vera Wang gown, eight-tiered wedding cake and all. “It would have to be an alternative wedding,” he chuckles. “A blue-tights-wearing wedding.”

The secrecy shrouding the film is such that Henry is unable to say much about the Man of Steel’s new incarnation (he wasn’t even allowed to send pictures of himself in costume to his parents), but early promotional trailers have shocked fans, revealing, as they do, two crucial omissions: the kiss curl and the red trunks. “lt’s a new take on him,” laughs Henry. “Nobody has a kiss curl any more, and those shorts were derived from turn-of-the-century strong men, so we decided he could do without them.”

He still laughs about the moment the call came in from director Zack Snyder. “I was playing an online computer game, which you couldn’t pause or save, so I thought, ‘Maybe I’ll let it ring.’ Then I look down at the last minute and see Zack’s name, so I dive for it — and I just miss it.” When Henry did finally reach the director, and Zack casually asked him whether he fancied “doing a little movie with me”, Henry “wanted to explode. But you have to play it cool, you know? Although not so cool that you seem unappreciative. Then I put the phone down and there was this moment of surreal silence while I stood there and thought: ‘Did I just get a call saying, ‘You’re now Superman’?”


READ MORE: http://henrycavill.org/en/blog/interviews/item/414-henry-cavill-in-glamour-uk-magazine



No comments: