Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Ray Stevenson Talks Suiting Up For 'Volstagg' Role In THOR: THE DARK WORLD


COMIC BOOK MOVIE
By DCMarvelFreshman - 7/29/2013

With its release date just over three months away, Thor: The Dark World is gearing up for a massive marketing campaign starting next month, or rather later this week. But until then, Volstagg the Voluminous actor Ray Stevenson has talked a bit about returning to Asgard for the Alan Taylor-directed Marvel sequel while out promoting the Blu-ray/DVD release of G.I. Joe: Retaliation.

"Thor is a completely unique experience altogether. I had to wear this vest that contained tubes pumping ice water on to my torso, otherwise my costume would have killed me!" he admitted. "First there was the big foam fat suit that went from my toes to my neck, then the costume on top of that, and then the big beard, then the wig, then I had to go and fight!"



"The truth is, I am really passionate about these action roles. I don't want to appear like some big bouncer standing on the door, I like to bring more to it and for me, that is the best part of the industry," he said. "I've worked with Alan Taylor before and he has a heart the size of planet that he wears on his arm and I'm forever indebted to him." Ray Stevenson was asked again if he'll reprise his Asgardian warrior role in Marvel's The Avengers: Age of Ultron. "I haven't heard a thing!!" he said. "But I'd be absolutely delighted!! I'm under option with Marvel but hopefully there will be a few more Avengers films to come, I'm thinking three or four."

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=84475#Gb4Pxs1ig5j51C7V.99 

No comments: