Monday, August 5, 2013

Benedict Cumberbatch: I'm not intelligent



BELFAST TELEGRAPH
5 AUGUST, 2013

Benedict Cumberbatch thinks he fooled audiences into believing he's intelligent with his super-human role in Star Trek Into Darkness.

The 37-year-old actor played the villainous Khan in this year's Star Trek Into Darkness.

The character is part of a race of genetically engineered super-humans who defy both mental and physical limitations of normal beings.

The film's producer and co-writer recently heaped praise on the actor, saying Benedict brings to life "any character defined by intellect".

Benedict was humbled by the compliment. He also warned audiences should not mistake his apparent intelligence on screen with his real-life aptitude.

"I'm very flattered by being thought of as intelligent on screen," he told Entertainment Weekly.

"But should I ever do a Jeopardy!-type quiz show, I think people would soon see the Swiss-cheese holes in my brain," he mused.



No comments: