Monday, August 5, 2013

'The Avengers' star Tom Hiddleston on being Loki and meeting unexpected fans


ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY
by Adam Markovitz on Aug 5, 2013 at 12:00PM
@amrkvtz

Whether he’s channeling bow-down-to-me villainy as Loki in The Avengers and Thor or bookish wit as F. Scott Fitzgerald in Midnight in Paris, Tom Hiddleston is one of the most exciting British actors to hop the pond in recent years. And we’re not the only ones who think so. “I met David O. Russell for dinner when he was in London for Silver Linings Playbook. I just wanted to tell him how much I loved the film. And he basically spent an hour telling me why he thinks Midnight in Paris is the greatest film that’s been made in the last 20 years, and he insisted on taking a picture because he was such a fan of Fitzgerald,” recalls Hiddleston, 31, who’s part of EW’s New Hollywood cover package, on stands now. “And I wanted to say, ‘David, can you please stop? I need to tell you how great your film is!’”


That kind of reaction isn’t unusual for Hiddleston anymore — and it’s not just industry insiders who are starstruck.  ”I was going through the security machines at Heathrow, and the guard’s eyes went wide, and he said, ‘Oh my God, it’s Loki! Then the whole line turned around. It turned into Comic-Con,” he says. “But I always say, an actor cannot call himself an actor without an audience.”



No comments: