Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Tom Hiddleston Talks Shakespeare, THOR & AVENGERS

BROADWAY WORLD
Tuesday, August 20, 2013; 06:08 PM - by Pat Cerasaro

Hiddleston Talks Shakespeare, THOR  & AVENGERS

Film superstar and dedicated thespian Tom Hiddleston discusses his integral role in the forthcoming four-film Shakespeare series premiering on PBS later this Fall, dubbed THE HOLLOW CROWN, as well as his AVENGERS and THOR roles, as part of a new interview.

Hiddleston first remarks upon his first experience with the Bard, relating, "My first Shakespearean production I ever saw, I was 13 years old. It was the RSC, A Midsummer Night's Dream. I thought some bits were funny but, to be honest, a lot of it went over my head, and it was really being taken to see Kenneth Branagh's Much Ado About Nothing and sort of being dragged, kicking and screaming because it wasn't an action film and then go, "'Oh. Denzel Washington and Keanu Reeves are in this. Oh. This is hilarious and I understand everything and it's great.'"



He adds of his affection for Baz Luhrmann's wildly imaginative re-telling of Romeo & Juliet, "I was 15 when Baz Luhrmann's Romeo and Juliet came out so it's as if he made that film for me. The soundtrack to that film was my soundtrack. Romeo or Juliet, I can't remember which character, one of them is actually supposed to be 15 and it seemed so romantic and so true."


READ MORE HERE: http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Hiddleston-Talks-Shakespeare-THOR-AVENGERS-20130820



No comments: