Sunday, October 13, 2013

Benedict Cumberbatch: I learned my comic timing from Sherlock co-star Martin Freeman

RADIO TIMES
Susanna Lazarus
11:51 AM, 12 October 2013



One of the (many) reasons we at RadioTimes.com love BBC's Sherlock is the on-screen chemistry and comedic exchanges between Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson. And according to Benedict Cumberbatch – who plays Arthur Conan Doyle's super sleuth – he honed his comedic timing in the company of his friend and co-star... "I learned from the master, Martin Freeman," he revealed during a Reddit Q&A on Friday.



Cumberbatch, who has been making a name for himself in Hollywood with a string of serious roles including The Fifth Estate, August: Osage County and the Oscar-tipped Twelve Years a Slave, also expressed a desire to return to comedy in the future.


The 37-year-old, who in the earlier stages of his career took on comic roles in Starter for Ten and Radio 4's Cabin Pressure, said, "I love my comedy and when the right project comes up I won't shy away from it. There's a lot of humour in what I do, specifically Sherlock, but it would be great to play a 'normal guy' in a 'normal comedy.'"


READ MORE HERE: http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-10-12/benedict-cumberbatch-i-learned-my-comic-timing-from-sherlock-co-star-martin-freeman

No comments: