Monday, October 7, 2013

Colin Firth: How Helen Fielding Broke the News About Mark Darcy

TIME
By Radhika Jones @radhikajonesOct. 07, 2013



Fans were horrified to learn of Mark’s death in an excerpt in the U.K.’s Sunday Times Magazine on Sept. 29. But it seemed only right that Firth should hear about his demise in advance from its author.



“I did want to tell Colin in person but we were trying to have lunch, and I couldn’t really tell him why I was trying to meet him and he was in a different place,” Fielding says. “So I ended up telling him he died on the phone.” It was, as she recalls it, a very funny conversation. “I had to ask him if he had someone with him and if he was sitting down. It was like someone actually had died. We had to process it. And I was almost saying, I’m so sorry for your loss.”


READ MORE HERE:http://entertainment.time.com/2013/10/07/bridget-jones-exclusive-how-helen-fielding-broke-the-news-about-mark-darcy-to-colin-firth/

No comments: