Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Benedict Cumberbatch's Hobbit dance

FILM NEWS
added: 9 Dec 2013 // by: Film-News.co.uk Newsdesk


Benedict Cumberbatch "danced on the roof of the world" during The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.

The British actor voices the title dragon in Peter Jackson's fantasy sequel.


While shooting the movie in New Zealand Benedict was blown away by the scenery and couldn't resist busting some moves in an idyllic location.


"I went walking and I swam the glacial lake as well. Peter organised a helicopter ride as well, which I think is probably the most extraordinary experience of my life. We landed on the top of a glacier... I was in jogging pants, a T-shirt and a pair of trainers on the top of a glacier in an area inaccessible to humans by foot or climbing," he recalled to flicksandbits.com.

"So we were just on this very pristine and unspoiled glacier, hovering in a helicopter and it lands and I get out and I just danced on the roof of the world on a glacier, in my T-shirt, jogging pants and trainers. It was incredible. I've got a deep, deep affection for the country."

One scene in the film sees Smaug try and capture hobbit Bilbo Baggins, played by Benedict's Sherlock co-star Martin Freeman.







No comments: