Sunday, May 6, 2012

Colin Firth: 'Actors Are Bad Dressers! BY SHAUN KITCHENER ON MAY 4, 2012 (E!)


Colin Firth has said his reputation as a good dresser is entirely down to his team of stylists, joking that actors are notoriously bad at fashion.

The actor popped up in Vanity Fair's Best Dressed list last year, but refuses to take any credit.

He told the-talks.com: "It’s been easy so far because I have someone who has dressed me right down to my socks.

"I think if you know you are going to get photographed you put some thought into it, but as much as possible I like to leave the decision to someone else. It used to be my wife, but then there are increasingly designers who offer you things and have great relationships with you and if you like what they do then it gets taken out of your hands."

He continued: "Actors are notoriously bad dressers. Between roles they don’t know how to put themselves together any more. If you have just taken off a  Victorian frock and you are about to go into the 1950s, you actually spend most of the rest of the time in T-shirts and pyjamas.

"So then when the events come along, if there is somebody out there who can say, 'I’ve got a suit for you. Don’t worry, I know your measurements', I know it sounds awfully spoiled, but I’ll take that.


READ MORE:  http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/75163/Colin-Firth-Actors-Are-Bad-Dressers



No comments: