Friday, June 29, 2012

Martin Clunes: A Walk On The Wild Side With Martin Clunes By Marion McMullen on Jun 29, 12 03:54 PM (COVENTRY TELEGRAPH)




MARTIN Clunes recently took a break from Doc Martin to front an ITV documentary about the lemurs of Madagascar.

"I never saw any of this coming," he says. "I used to worry about doing these factual things, I used to think that they'd damage my stock as an actor. But now I've got so far with them, I'd really miss them if I didn't.

" The places I've been, the people I've met and the things I've seen are just incredible. Next I'm flying off to Nairobi.

"It's so exciting. For two years I've been trying to make a film about Tony Fitzjohn who used to live and work with conservationist George Adamson.

" They lived at this place called Kora, where all the famous photos of George with the lions were taken. The Somalis burned the camp to the ground, but the last couple of years, Tony's rebuilt it, stick by stick, faithfully as it was. And we're going to collect the first lion cub and go down there and start the work of rehabilitating the lion. He's tiny, he needs bottle feeding."


READ MORE: http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/passtheremote/2012/06/a-walk-on-the-wild-side-with-m.html

No comments: