Monday, March 25, 2013

Martin Freeman wins Empire Award best actor for performance in The Hobbit (THE INDEPENDENT)


Martin Freeman was the epitome of modesty as he overcame star competition to win best actor at the Jameson Empire Film Awards tonight.

“It's possible that my performance was not the best if the year,” he said of his performance in The Hobbit. “but I'll take it.”


Similar modesty came when Dame Helen Mirren was named an Empire “legend”. “I feel more of a leg-over than a legend,” she quipped. “I have been more in my career.”

Jennifer Lawrence won best actress and Sam Mendes was named both best director and the “inspiration” awards, held in the Grosvenor House Hotel.

READ MORE: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/jameson-empire-film-awards-martin-freeman-wins-best-actor-for-performance-in-the-hobbit-8547600.html

No comments: